Proxilla Version 1.0.0

Posted by – May 5, 2011

Proxilla Version 1.0.0 has been released. It is now available for download at the AMO website. Please try it out and let us know what you think. View screenshots here.

New Features/Updates:

1. Automatically activate private browsing on submit to proxy.
  2. Store and manage an unlimited number of glype proxies.
  3. Compacted settings on the toolbar.
  4. Compacted Proxilla mini form to be even smaller.
  5. Import/Export your settings with a backup.px file.

Please post any questions, comments, bugs, or requests here. Thank you.

5 Comments on Proxilla Version 1.0.0

1. Patrick says:

Where are the directions or manual to use this add on?

• admin says:

That’s a good question, Patrick. Proxilla has been out for quite a while, so I figured that most people know how to use it. Usually when I release a new version, I describe the new features on the release page, but have not compiled a full list of instructions. I will include the instructions with the next release, but for now I will list them at http://proxilla.org/instruction-manual .

2. mmirabi7 says:

i am 32 years military

3. esqueyap88 says:

Dear Dir/Madam

This is an excellent product. Unfortunately, after spending much time I still can’t get it to work. Suppose that this site http://www.example.com/ is blocked by the local ISP, how should I configure PX to gain access? I kept trying, but it did not work!

Would really appreciate your kind advice.

Thanks a bunch.

• admin says:

Well, I sorry that I can’t give a great answer because “it did not work” it not very specific, but I will try. Did the toolbar not appear in your browser? Did the extension not respond when you pressed a button? Or did it work, but the current proxy being used is blocked? So, I will give a guess that maybe the currently set proxy is already blocked in your network. If it is a blocked proxy, I would suggest going to proxy.org and finding a glype proxy. Once you are sure that new glype proxy works for you, press the “grab proxy” button to test that it is compatible with proxilla. If it is compatible, you can then set it as your glype proxy and use it with proxilla to access your blocked sites. If you have any more problems, please respond. But please, give more details next time. Thanks.