Proxilla Version 0.7.0

Posted by – March 19, 2010

Proxilla Version 0.7.0 has been released. It is now available for download at the AMO website. Please try it out and let us know what you think. View screenshots here.

New Features/Updates:

1. Compatible with Firefox’s “Private Browsing”
  2. Favorites can be excluded when resetting Proxilla

The Private Browsing compatibilty helps to keep the user more secure while surfing. Firefox doesn’ t save cookies or history while you are surfing in Private Browsing mode. Proxilla works with that Firefox feature by preventing the automatic saving of urls visited through it. Of course, you have the option to override this in Tools > Proxilla > Settings > Preferences.

Please post any questions, comments, bugs, or requests here. Thank you.

9 Comments on Proxilla Version 0.7.0

1. TopPlus says:

Hi thanks for the application.

I want to set new proxies.

Whats the default port that proxilla uses ?

thks

• admin says:

Proxilla doesn’t specify any port, therefore it defaults to 80. But can I ask, how are you trying to set new proxies? You can simply type in the proxy address like http://example.com/ in settings->proxies. I did just try setting a port for a proxy by entering http://example.com:80 in setttings->proxies and it worked OK. I hope this answered your question.

2. Brainstain says:

Hi, great extension

I’ve a problem
    I installed Proxilla for testing and also had “AWB Proxy, foxy proxy, auto proxy” installed at the same time, I decided to keep Proxilla and uninstall other extensions, after firefox restarted, Proxilla toolbar looked messed up
    I tried uninstall and reinstall but the same.

any help appreciated.
    thanks

3. Kyushin says:

Hello!

Love this add-on, but there is one thing I’m trying to help set-up for a friend that isn’t working…

My friend uses IRC on a few servers quite often, and she’s paranoid about being IP-snooped, and so I figured that this add-on plus using mibbit.com or somesuch would be perfect for her… but I can’t seem to configure Proxilla to allow mibbit to connect to IRC networks/servers.

Is there something in the settings I am missing?

Thank you very, very much!

• admin says:

Unfortunately, Proxilla is not a proxy. It just allows you to easily access web-based glype proxies. Some websites use alot of javascript for functionality, such as mibbit.com. Web based proxies do not parse javascript very good. Maybe if they update the Glype proxy script, there will be better support for javascript heavy websites. You might try using a SOCKS proxy for your ip-hiding needs.